Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

Yes, I am the nerdy parent who went to my child's first day of school with my camera and took five million pictures. And Bryson took a late lunch break so he could come give her a little blessing and drop her off too. This is not just Ella's first day, but ours as well. The era of schooldays begins here.

Since Ella's group meets in the afternoon, the morning anticipation was intense (Is it time? Now? Is it time now? How about now?). Ella picked out her favorite dress to wear, which I just crossed my fingers would not disintegrate while she was at school. Favorite = I wear it every other day = almost see-through thin fabric = one wrong turn and nakie!

Mrs. Provost, Ella's first teacher.

First day was successful. Ella came home and told me all about the books they read, the dress-ups she wore (Snow Queen and Silvermist), and playing outside on the tire swing. Our next item of business is to narrow down which toy she will bring for show and tell on Thurs.!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Where does she go for preschool? It looks fun! Matt & Em start kindergarten tomorrow and Abs starts preschool on Thursday. On Tuesday and Thursday afternoons it will just be D and I! Yay, I'm so going to get a nap one of those days!!!

Marianne Hales Harding said...

It is the beginning of a GREAT era! How fun!!!! I'm so glad you documented it thoroughly :)

Shalamar said...

Okay you are not a nerd. Or maybe we're both nerds; I did the exact same thing last week with Ayden. I followed him in and took pictures. He looked at me like, "mom you're embarrassing me, leave!" It's so cute to see them so grown up!