Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If you hadn't yet heard...



...it's a girl.

Truly, my maternal instincts for predicting gender are not functioning properly. From here on out I will just know to bet on the opposite of what I think. Which could get confusing.

I left the ultrasound in shock; not that I wasn't excited, but I was just so sure it was a boy and the paradigm shift was slow coming. Since the placenta is a little low, I will get to have another ultrasound in about 10 weeks. It's always fun to take a peek at how things are shaping up inside.

Now for girly things galore... and we shouldn't have to look too far for that!

8 comments:

the Allers said...

Congrats! All those sisters are going to be the best of friends...

PS. I'm just the opposite. My "pregnancy instincts" (as I call them) are spot on, and my maternal ones (post pregnancy) are crap. Just crap. I'd much rather have the latter.

Robyn said...

Congrats! Maybe they will prove you right at the next ultrasound...you never know. :-)

JEN&JIMMY said...

YEAH there are only three girls in my family and it's a lot of fun! You'll have your hands full! This one kind of looks like you too! HA HA HA!

JillC said...

Congratulations!!! I guessed wrong 4 out of 4 times! 100 % wrong!

Shannon said...

Congrats! I grew up with 3 sisters and no brothers and I thought it was the best. :) I'm so impressed you already have a name and everything! Hope everything is ok with the fluid levels and that you are feeling good.

Luke&Megz said...

Congrats! You guys will have this girl thing down to a science! Very exciting.

Marianne Hales Harding said...

Hope your next ultrasound goes well too (girls are so great!!!). I agree that ultrasounds are fun. Just wait! If you have a baby when you're old like me you get to have them just about every time you see the dr! And Maternal Fetal Medicine has the very best ultrasound setup :)

McEuens said...

Congratulations! Looks like we're having mirror families. I have been awful at predicting the gender of my (and other people's) children too. It's nearly guaranteed to be the opposite of whatever I guess. So it took a little adjusting after the ultrasound on #3 for me too. But I'm from a family of three girls, and it was great. Congrats again!